Clubhouse was created and developed by Paul Davison, a Silicon Valley entrepreneur and ex-Google employee Rohan Seth. These guys are total geniuses!! The app is the new rave in the Business Industry / Networking World. It’s bringing people together from all over the world, all through 1 app on your Apple Product! (The app is currently only available on iOS)
What exactly is Clubhouse?
Clubhouse can be easily described as a Live Interactive Podcast meets Live Chat Rooms with no video, just audio. I heard some individuals describe it as the old “party lines/chats” they used to have back in the day ha! You will find professionals, influencers and so many different industry leaders in the app sharing some great gems, taking questions and giving answers. Reminds me of a Live Panel – but again audio only. You can raise your hand and ask a question and/or participate in the discussion. And if you are not feeling up to participating you can also hop into a room, stay in listen mode and just enjoy the discussion. I have found it is a great Networking Tool to add to your arsenal as a Business Owner! Clubhouse is all about connecting people via audio, only. It truly came at the right time during this pandemic when everyone is longing for interaction outside of their homes.
How do I get on Clubhouse?
Currently Clubhouse is exclusive – and is by invite only. Reach out to any of your business colleagues – one is bound to be on CH. Each member who is in the CH app receives invites they may give out. The more you participate in the App the more you are rewarded with more invites to share.
We as a TEAM at SR Network have a couple of invites, we can give out. If you are a Member and would like a invitation to Clubhouse, send us an email at email@example.com .
Getting started in Clubhouse
Alright you’re in the app now, here are some important things you must do before you start joining rooms.
- Set up your profile: upload a clear headshot (make sure this is the same headshot you use on your IG profile – I’ll explain later why).
- Set up your bio: make sure it is clear. Who are you, What are your businesses and include why you are on CH.
- Important Step – CONNECT YOUR INSTAGRAM: CH doesn’t have a messaging option so you must link your IG account to the app. It should have asked you when you initially set up your profile. This part is extremely important, this is how people learn more about you and reach out to you in your direct messages and vice versa – this is how you will reach out to people you want to connect with.
4. SPRUCE UP YOUR IG: Alright since your IG is a main component to CH, please also make sure your bio in your Instagram Page is clear, concise and complete. People should get a sense of you and what you do professional – basically why should they connect with you.
5. Follow Friends and Clubs: Connect + follow any friends and colleagues you know are in CH. Also look up some clubs that are of your interest and follow them. These are the room recommendations that will show up your feed. So stick to your interest, niche and any categories/industries you want to join.
Now that your profile is all set up and you’re linked to Instagram, you are ready to join some rooms! Join in as a listener, listen to the discussion and listen to the moderators on the rules and if they are opening up the stage for people to raise their hands. If the moderators are opening up the stage for people to join them your raise hand icon will be lit up. Feel free to raise your hand if you’d like to give your input on the discussion. If it is a Networking or Connection lounge – definitely raise your hand and introduce yourself. This is your time to get in front of the people in the room, introduce yourself and let them know your DM’s are open for conversation and connection.
Start your own rooms and invite moderators to co-host with you. This is a great way to put you, your expertise and business in the forefront. Just like when you are hosting an event right? Just make sure your room is valued filled and/or an opportunity for others.
Have fun with it!
Social Register Network is looking for Moderators! If you’d like to co-host a room with us shoot us a email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to add our team to your list.
Connect with me! Mary Grace Yniguez — marygrace_y
SR Chicago Chapter Director, Hannah Kruger — hksocial
Operations Manager, Alexis Evans — axvxns